3 Ways to Get Relief When Life is Challenging


I can remember a recent season of my life where I really needed some answers from God.  I desperately needed to know what to do...I needed some relief.  The more I thought about it, the more I worried.  The more I worried, the more I feared.  It was an awful time full of anxiety; I wondered if God would ever just relieve me from all of that.  Have you ever been there?  Perhaps, you are there right now...needing relief from some situation or circumstance. When life is challenging, there are at least three ways we can get some relief:

1. Seek
Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV) states you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  When you seek God, not only will you find Him, but you will also find ease, peace, comfort, and help.  The relief you need today is interwoven in Him.
 

2. Study
Studying the Word of God is so important.  Life's challenges will bog us down and overwhelm us if we are not grounded in the Word.  Just this week, we pondered 10 scriptures that will help cultivate relief in our lives.  Often, relief comes when we just take a few moments to sit down and study.  Joshua 1:8 (NLT) says study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.  We want to be successful, so studying is a must!


3. Surrender
Psalm 37:7 (GW) urges us to surrender yourself to the Lord, and wait patiently for him. When we lay it all down before Him and wait on Him, then relief will be ours.  Surrender seems like a scary thing, but it is actually freeing.  Taking your hands off and rendering all control to God will relieve you of having to do it all and be it all.  If it is relief that you need today, surrender everything to Him.

As we get ourselves into a consistent pattern of seeking, studying, and surrendering God will ensure that we get all of the relief that we need.  Let Him heal your soul!

I want to hear from YOU!
Question:  What do you do when you need relief from a situation?
Your Sister in Christ,












Prayer:  Heavenly Father,  My days are long, I work hard, and I need relief.  Holy Spirit, help me to seek you, study God's Word, and surrender it all to Him daily.  In Jesus' Mighty Name I pray, Amen.
 _______________________________________

RELATED POSTS: Strong Refuge  || Gone Fishin'

Comments