TIME OUT: 7 Questions to Determine If Your Life is Getting Way Too Busy



I saw someone on TV riding a mechanical bull the other day, and I thought, life sure can look just like that sometimes...You know, desperately clinging on for dear life, while wildly being thrown all around.  A lack of balance usually results in someone getting up off the mat and trying to regain his/her composure.  Who knew that life was like a mechanical bull?

 Often, when we get too busy, our lives seem to really spin out of control.   It is hard to balance it all: work, family, church, and the list just goes on and on.  The responsibilities just do not end. Even when you feel completely overwhelmed, no one else seems to notice.  


 Check out these 7 questions to determine if you are getting way too busy and need a time out:


1. Do you find yourself completely exhausted at the end of each day?
2. Do you secretly think about running away and starting a new life somewhere else?
3. Do you find yourself saying, "there just aren't enough hours in the day"?
4. Is 'me time' a completely foreign concept to you that seems absolutely impossible?
5. Do you have very little to no time to spend alone with God?
6. Do you wake up feeling overwhelmed each morning?
7.  Do you feel somewhat hopeless when you look at your To-Do list?


If you answered 'yes' to many of these questions, then you are probably getting way too busy and may need a time out. We have all been there.  The Bible has a solution for each of us.  Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV) reads"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

It will seem practically impossible, but when life is getting way too busy, we must make time to come to God.  He promises to give us rest.  If you are feeling weary and burdened, take a time out and go to Him.  You will find that He will do one of two things besides give you the  much needed rest you desire.  He will 1) Instruct you on which tasks/responsibilities to get rid of or 2) give you the strength you need to handle the load.  Either way, when you rest in Him, life will not be able to consume you.  Let Him heal your soul!



Share this post today with someone who needs rest.




To check out more from Shayla, visit www.ShaylaHilton.com


Your Sister in Christ,












 
Prayer:  Heavenly Father, My life has gotten way too busy.  It is causing me a lot of stress.  Even when it seems impossible, teach me to make time to rest in you.  I trust that it will be beneficial and that it will renew me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Comments