10 Scriptures to Ponder When You Need Relief


Have you ever just needed some relief?  You know, relief from a situation, place, or circumstance... Sometimes, life can feel completely overwhelming and everything can seem as if it is closing in on you.  Trying to balance life and all of it's responsibilities is a job within itself.  It is not God's desire that we be overwhelmed and consumed.  There is hope because He desires to give you the relief that you so desperately need.  The next time that you are in need of some relief, ponder/meditate on the following scriptures:

1. Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22 (NIV)


2. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)



3. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. John 15:4 (NASB)


4. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. Psalm 37:7 (KJV)



5. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)



6. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 (KJV)



7. The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all; Psalm 34:19 (NIV)



8. ...When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. Isaiah 59:19 (KJV) 


9. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4 (NIV)


10. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Isaiah 49:16 (NIV)



As you spend time with these scriptures, I guarantee you that God will dispense the relief that you need.  Let Him heal your soul!

I want to hear from YOU!
Question:  Which scripture(s) help when you need relief?
Your Sister in Christ,












Prayer:  Heavenly Father,  I just need relief today.  There are so many things going on in my life and I need you.  Minister to me through your Word daily as I ponder these scriptures.  In Jesus' Mighty Name I pray, Amen.
 _______________________________________

RELATED POSTS: The Secret to Surrender  || Do You Recognize These Three Early Warning Signs of a Soul Struggling to Surrender?

Comments