Does Impatience Get the Best of You?




I have a confession to make:  I am not that great at waiting.  It just drives me crazy!  I don't like waiting in line, waiting in traffic, or waiting for my fries to cool down so I can eat them.  I guess you could say that I am somewhat impatient.  Pray for me.  Every single day God teaches me something about waiting.  Isn't that just like our Father?  I may never enjoy waiting, but it is necessary to my growth and development in Christ.  I'm better able to handle it these days; when I feel that impatience flare up, I have to quickly ask Holy Spirit to grace me to wait and do so with a good attitude.  It seems like He just keeps giving me opportunities to practice!  So, my question for you today is does impatience get the best of you, too?   

Ask yourself these seven questions:
  1. Would you describe yourself as an impatient person?
  2. Do you find yourself getting frustrated when you have to wait in various situations?
  3. Do you feel aggravated when others take a long time to 'get to the point'?
  4. Do you get upset when others take a long time to help/serve you?
  5. Do you try to avoid situations that do not yield immediate results?
  6. Do you often have to go back and revisit decisions that you made previously because your decision may have been made too quickly? 
  7. Do you often find yourself in extended periods of waiting and/or situations where waiting is the only option left? 

If you answered 'yes' to four or more of these questions, then impatience may be getting the best of you.   Don't you get discouraged!  We're in this together and there is hope!  Jesus is our hope and example for patience.  When we cling to Him, He will lead and guide us right into the patient people He designed for us to be.  If you are ready to begin praying for patience, then this scripture card is a great place to start!

(You can save this and/or download to print.)

 So long are the days of impatience getting the best of us!  We are victorious!  Let Him heal your soul!

I want to hear from YOU!
Question:  What causes you to feel impatient?
Your Sister in Christ,













Prayer:  Heavenly Father,  I thank you for loving me even with my imperfections.   Please remove all of the impatience from my life once and for all.  I'm trusting you to do the necessary work.  In Jesus' Mighty Name we pray, Amen.
 _______________________________________

RELATED POSTS: How to Become a More Patient Person  || How Much Longer?

Comments

  1. Great post Shayla. - I seem to detect a theme going around. This is the second blog I read today on waiting and 2 weeks ago I preached a sermon on waiting. - Perhaps I am a bit slow in learning the lesson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! It can be a tough lesson, but it sure is necessary! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment