You Don't Have to Feel Overwhelmed by Your Responsibilities


Have you ever just felt totally overwhelmed by your responsibilities?  It seems like everyone is depending on you for something or another.  There are probably tasks right now that need to be completed at home, work, church, and in your business.  All eyes are on you...waiting for you to get it all done.  *Gulp*  I have to be honest...In those moments, I've considered grabbing my dog and a few other pertinent items and just running away.  

Sounds like a good idea, right?  Before you decide to sneak into the backseat of my car and join me on 'the great escape' there may be a better way to handle all of our responsibilities.  Perhaps, we need to pause, take a deep breath, and reconsider.  Isaiah 41:10 (ERV)  reads 

don’t worry—I am with you.  Don’t be afraid—I am your God.  I will make you strong and help you.  I will support you with my right hand that brings victory.  

This scripture brings great relief!  We often think that we have to do it all alone, but that is not the case.  Proverbs 27:23 (NLT) says know the state of your flocks,  and put your heart into caring for your herds...It is your responsibility to know what you have been assigned to do and understand what all that entails.  It is also your responsibility to put your heart into all that you have been given to accomplish. However, God is reassuring us that we do not have to be overwhelmed by our responsibilities; He is doing the work with us.  

So, the next time you are feeling overwhelmed (probably in the very near future) by all that you have to do, here are a few things to remember:
  • God is with you. (Worrying is unnecessary.)
  • God is your God. (You don't have to fear because you have a relationship with Him.)
  • God makes you strong.
  • God is helping you.
  • God is supporting you.
  • God will ensure that you have victory. 

Just remember, you can do this...God is on your side.  Let Him heal your soul! 


Share this post today with someone who needs rest.


Prayer:  Heavenly Father, I have so many responsibilities.  Sometimes I feel completely overwhelmed.  Help me to rely on you and know that you are helping me.  Teach me to calm down and let you do what needs to be done.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Comments