3 Ways to Rid Your Life of Idleness


Have you ever heard anyone say "idleness is the devil's workshop"?  I have heard that many times throughout my life.  One thing I knew for certain was that I did not want anything to do with his workshop.  So, I stayed busy.  In fact, it almost made me nervous to rest because I did not want to be idle, but idleness and rest are very different.  Rest is a necessity; even Jesus rested.  Idleness, as defined by Dictionary.com, is habitually doing nothing or avoiding work.  The two are very different.  Rest replenishes you while idleness drains you of your purpose.  

The Proverbs 31 woman did not need to rid her life of idleness, it seems like she had that under control.   She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.  Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber. (Proverbs 31:15, 19 NLT) There are a few things we can learn from her to rid our lives of idleness:

1.  Prepare- She spent a lot of time preparing for and not ignoring her responsibilities.  What are you ignoring that could probably use a little more of your attention?

2. Push- She pushed herself to get up early and stay up late to accomplish what needed to be done instead of being overcome by lethargy.  How could you push yourself a little more today? 

3. Produce- She produced results every time she thought about something and never neglected to put her hands to work to complete it.  


You may have hit a little rough patch and there may be idleness in your life these days.  It's never too late to decide to kick that idleness out and get back to it!  Let Him heal your soul!


Will you share this post with someone today?


Prayer:  Heavenly Father, I do not want there to be any idleness in my life.  Teach me to be productive, but to rest properly.  I thank you in advance for removing the idleness and pushing me into purpose. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
 _______________________________________

RELATED POSTS: 10 Ways to Renew Your Mind  || 10 Productive Characteristics of the Proverbs 31 Woman

Comments

  1. Thank you Sister! This blessed me so much! These words have motivated me to push forward even when I don't feel like it. Thank you for the reminders :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that! You are certainly equipped to do ALL that God has called you to do! Keep on pushing!

      Delete

Post a Comment