Blog Series: Identity (Week 3)


Click on week 1 and/or week 2 to view other posts in this blog series.
 

Over the next few weeks, we will take time together to uncover exactly who we are in Christ!  God does not want us to live defeated and unproductive lives.  He desires for us to know who we are and then live victoriously!




I am God's handiwork!

Did you realize that God created you specifically the way He wanted you?  Let that sink in for a moment.  It is sort of an insult to God when we are too hard on ourselves.  Regardless of what you think about yourself or what you have been told, God does not create junk!   Our God is a creative God and He takes pleasure in His work.  Have you ever thought thoughts like:

I'm too fat.
I'm not pretty.
I'm not smart.
I'm worthless.

Ephesians 2:10 (NIV) says for we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  One version says you are God's masterpiece.  If we are born again then we are created in Christ Jesus.  Anything in Christ Jesus is pretty amazing.  

I can remember being in a ceramics class in middle or high school.  I created some pieces that were not perfect, but they were perfect to me because they were my handiwork.  I did not care what anyone else thought about my creation.  I valued those pieces.  Think how much more God values you and I.

We were each created for a purpose as well.  One of those purposes is to do good works.  God already has that work planned out in advance for you and I to complete.  You are valuable and you have purpose!  When you are feeling less than your best, remember your identity in Christ.





To check out more from Shayla, visit www.ShaylaHilton.com.


Your Sister in Christ,













Prayer:  Heavenly Father, We thank you for creating us!  Please forgive us for not valuing ourselves.  Teach us to trust that we are your handiwork and our identity is in you.  In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen.


 **Click here to check out week 4 of this blog series.**

Comments