In God We Trust


“I trust you God”, were the words I whispered quietly as I sat in the car wondering if the pieces of my life would ever connect again.  In fact, I have said those words a million times, but do I really mean it?  Do any of us really mean it?  Our U.S. currency even says “In God We Trust”, but do we, as a nation, really mean it?  Do we only 'trust' Him when things are going well?  How much trust does that really require?  Trust is defined as the confident expectation of something; hope; certainty of future payment

 I had to be honest, examine my own heart and ask myself if I confidently expect God to do the things He said He would do in my life.  I say I trust God because it’s the right thing to say, but when my money runs out before the end of the month, I have to deal with difficult co-workers, or relationships end suddenly my trust becomes unstable.   How funny is it that we can trust alarm systems to protect our homes, trust banks to keep our money, trust law enforcement to protect our cities but cannot trust a sovereign God with our lives?  Let’s be honest, all of the things we put our trust in can fail but God never fails!  He never sleeps nor slumbers (Psalms 121:4).  God knows exactly what He is doing.  We have to believe that our promise from God is delayed and not denied.  (Click here to read a related blog on God's delays).  Instead of reluctantly saying “I trust you God”, I now say with boldness “Lord, I have no idea what you are doing right now but I trust you”.  I have to decide daily to walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7) because what I “see” at times gives me no hope.  So, I have decided to create a ‘trust fund’ with God.  I cannot deposit money; only my faith in Him can be deposited.  Once the fund has matured I will be able to withdraw God’s abundant blessings for my life.  Then I can truly say I will trust you, Lord.  Will you join me in really trusting Him with your life?  Let Him heal your soul!




Click here to get my free eBook, 7 Beneficial Ways to Cultivate a Deeper Relationship with God, and begin receiving all that God has for you.




To check out more from Shayla, visit www.ShaylaHilton.com.

Your Sister in Christ,



Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, We just thank you today.  Please increase the faith of each reader and help us to trust you through all of life’s ups and downs.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
 _______________________________________

RELATED POSTS: Do You Recognize These Four Early Warning Signs of a Heart Struggling to Trust God?  || Three Steps to Confidently Launch Out and Trust God

Comments